A delicious way to add interest to any event is with a specialty cocktail. With summer being peak peach season in the U.S., this juicy-yet-refreshing wine punch is a hit at any party. Even better, it can prebatched to keep the bar line short (and minimize close contact among guests), or served in fancy pitchers for a bit of flair.
- Fresh Peaches – you will want some for making a puree and some for slicing
- Dry white wine – Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc are both excellent choices.
- If you want to add a little extra glamour to the presentation, serve with a prosecco or Champagne floater .
- Brandy – anything with a fruit note will do.
- Pear Brandy offers more of a light citrusy note while Apple Brandy will be generally sweeter.
- Club soda
- Simple Syrup – equal parts sugar and hot water. You can also use agave nectar instead if desired.
Any other summer fruits as desired – strawberries and cherries give nice color, grapes and thinly sliced apples are nice as well.
In a large pitcher, combine 1 bottle of wine with ½ cup of Brandy
Take 2-3 medium-sized peaches, cut in half to remove the pit, then remove the outer peel. Cut into large chunks and either blend in a blender or pulse in a food processor until juicy and nearly liquified.
Add peach puree to wine and brandy. Stir.
Add ½ cup sugar or agave nectar.
Stir together and taste – depending on your selection of wine and brandy you may wish to add more sweetener at this point.
Once you’re happy with your flavor profile, add enough club soda to make up 1/3 of the total liquid volume.
Slice, cut, and add any other fruits
Cover pitcher and chill. Do NOT add ice. It is better to pour over ice when served to avoid watering it down. doesn’t water down or separate.
This cocktail pairs beautifully with a creamy cheese like Brie or Camembert with herbed flatbread or a rosemary puff pastry.