As event marketers, we’re always asked how to do something fresh, new, and exciting. That’s because people tend to remember those experiences that were truly out of the box or innovative. If you really want to try something different for your next gathering, consider hitting the open road.
Join your attendees on a (literal) journey – making stops along the way for an activity, meals, or a presentation. You could host it like a Road Trip Show with attendees driving themselves between locations or travel together via tour bus. You could even do a full camper/RV experience if you had your eye on a remote location.
Here are a few of our favorite Road Trip itineraries to get you inspired.
The Florida Keys
Stretching 180 miles off the southeast coast of Florida, this chain of 800 tiny islands is not only beautiful, it’s full of fascinating stops as you cruise down highway US1 all the way to the southernmost point of the United States in Key West. Along the way:
- Stop in Key Largo for a glass-bottom boat ride or snorkel adventure in John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park.
- Try your hand at deep sea or flats fishing in Islamorada, Tavernier, and the middle keys… and don’t forget to stop at Islamorada Fish Company for lunch (and to see and feed massive tarpon from the docks).
- The Dolphin Research Center and the Sea Turtle Hospital are both interesting spots in Marathon.
- Right before the 7-mile bridge, Bahia Honda State Park is a little-known paradise perfect for a beach picnic at sunset or a day of beach games and group competitions.
- Of course, all the way at the end of the chain is Key West – with quaint restaurants, lively bars, live entertainment, and plenty of fun-filled activities to cap off any trip.
Pack your sunscreen and your flip flops and prepare for island-style delights.
Napa Wine Country
Though it would be easy to spend several days traversing all the different vineyards and wineries throughout the region, Napa can actually be reasonably enjoyed in a day, with an extended stop at the beginning or end of the journey. Perfect for a Road Trip.
- Start in San Francisco and head north towards the rolling hills of Napa just about an hour away.
- Once there, sample some of the local vintages with a vineyard tour or book a casual group lunch at Gott’s Roadside for delicious sandwiches, burgers and more.
- Play a quick 9 holes of golf at the Silverado Golf Club or Chardonnay Golf Club or go horseback riding in American Canyon
- Treat yourself to an amazing dinner at the Michelin-starred Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch, or overlooking the scenic vistas at Brix
- Play your cards right and you can make it back to San Fran for sunset over the Golden Gate Bridge… or you can stay the extra night for some spa time or another fabulous meal or wine tour.
Looking to go outside-the-box even further? Consider a ferry ride along the Pacific Coast to Napa with a cruise around San Francisco Bay and Alcatraz Island, with a boat all to yourself and meals and drinks served along the way.
About the VIBE Agency: The VIBE Agency is a Miami-based award-winning full-service production agency that specializes in the creation and orchestration of live and virtual experiences for the corporate industry. The agency is forward-thinking and was recognized as one of the 50 top event companies by Special Events magazine in 2019 and 2020. Most recently, Valerie Bihet, founder of the VIBE was named a Smart Women in Meetings 2021 Hall of Fame honoree by Smartmeetings, for her consistent work advancing the industry. If it can’t be live, make it VIBE!